Deadline for submission of an application for any bursary is May 14, 2018
Bursaries for pathologists-in-training
Pathologists-in-training are invited to apply to travel bursary, amounting to USD 1500 each, to attend the XXXII International Academy of Pathology Congress (IAP) to be held at the Dead Sea in Jordan on October 14-18, 2018.
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of an application for is May 14, 2018.
To be considered, the application has to meet the following requirements:
Submission of an abstract for a poster session. Applicants are encouraged to submit original investigative work and studies. Previously published material will not be accepted.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of residency from the Director of the training program.
- Supporting letter by the Director of the training program for the submitted abstract.
- Membership in an IAP Division or at least letter of support from the Division.
Accepted applicants will be notifiedand will be advised then on means and ways to receiving the bursary awards. The bursaries will be handed on site during the period of the conference at the registration counter. Due to ongoing assessment process notification is postponed to August 4, 2018
Bursaries for young pathologists from underserved countries
Young pathologists from underserved countries are invited to apply for bursaries to attend the conference. Applications are to be submitted to email@example.com with copies to Education Committee Chair, Jane Dahlstrom (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the IAP Secretary (email@example.com ) by May 14, 2018.
An applicant has to meet the following criteria:
- Applicant should be from an underserved country.
- Applicants must be less than 45 years old at the time of application.*
- Applicants must submit an abstract to the conference via the conference website. Please state in the abstract that this is for an IAP Bursary Application. Applicants will only be notified of the result of their applications following acceptance of their abstract by the Conference Organizing Committee. Please note this is a SEPARATE review process for the Bursary applications and must be done independantly.
- Bursary Recipients should participate in mentoring or other Bursary-related activities during the conference.
- Bursary recipients MUST write a brief report to the IAP after the conference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bursary recipients should share the educational materials of the conference with pathologists of their home countries.
- Money will be paid at the time of the meeting.
* A small number of Bursaries for Senior Pathologists from these countries are available on a case-by-case basis
Applications need to consist of:
- A cover letter saying why one is applying.
- A portrait photo of the applicant.
- A brief C.V., including age, full address, email address and career status.
- If there is an IAP Division in the home country of the applicant, that should be stated.
- Names, full addresses and email addresses of two referees.
- Abstract to be intended to be presented at the conference.
Accepted applicants will be notified - due to ongoing assessment process, notification is postponed to August 4, 2018. Accepted candidates will be advised then on means and ways to receiving the bursary awards. The bursaries will be handed on site during the period of the conference at the registration counter.