Abstract Submission Guidelines
Guidelines for preparation
- Please choose a title that clearly indicates the content of the contribution.
- Please avoid abbreviations in the title. Abbreviations may be used in the text if they are defined when used first.
- The author‘s name (full first name, family name) and place of work (institution, city, country) should be indicated. Degrees, titles, street addresses and acknowledgements of support should be omitted, however.
Abstract Submission is closed!
To provide maximum information in the abstract please
- state the specific objective of the study
- state the methods used, if pertinent
- summarise the results obtained
- state the conclusions reached
- ensure that the abstract does not contain spelling, grammar or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted.
Guidelines for submission
- An abstract which has been previously published cannot be submitted, unless there are new methods, findings, updated data or other acceptable reasons for submitting.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in English, the official language of the IAP Congress, should not exceed 300 words and be structured in the following specified subtitles: Objective, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Case reports should also be structured as much as possible following the aforementioned categories. If not possible, the authors should upload the abstracts using the most appropriate categories (in the respective text boxes in the submission form).
- The abstract submission constitutes a formal commitment by the author to present the corresponding presentation in the session and time slot assigned by the Scientific Committee.
- Changes in authorship should be communicated to the Scientific Committee in order to ensure correct appearance in the printed programme.
- If the author is unable to present his work or has more than 2 presentations on one day, one of the coauthors should take over this responsibility. The change of the presenting author needs to be communicated to the Scientific Committee.
- Registration to the Conference is mandatory to be able to present the abstract and get it published. Payment must be done within 4 weeks after submission of the abstract.
- If a delegate has registered upon the condition that his / her abstract is accepted and the abstract is rejected, the registration fee will be refunded. The acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee reduction.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection by the Scientific Committee will be mailed to the presenting author. Detailed information in which format the abstract is accepted (poster presentation or oral presentation), guidelines and recommendations for poster presentation, oral presentation as well as time allotment, date, hour, and venue will be sent in due time to registered presenting authors.